Sunday, October 17, 2010

For the Sleeprwalkers

I really like this poem. I used to sleepwalk :) I have never thought of sleepwalking like this but it is so true. It does take implicit trust to be able to stand up and walk around without opening your eyes. It is amazing how people walk like they would if they were awake but they are asleep.  A sleepwalker just trusts their surroundings not worrying about everything. you never hear of anyone who dies from sleepwalking. people can actually function while sleepwalking. I watched a show about sleepwalkers and one person actually drove down the street while still asleep. my favorite line in the poem is "we have to learn to trust our hearts like that. we have to learn the desperate faith of sleepwalkers..." it is so true if people trusted like that all the time life would be very different.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting perspective. I hadn't thought of it this way--I've never been a sleepwalker. ;) Sleeptalker, not sleepwalker!

    ReplyDelete