Monday, April 25, 2011

You fit into me

i like this poem.
at first i just liked it because even the mention of something being in an eye makes devyn squirm and that makes me laugh.

When i first read it i did not know that an eye was like a bra clip so i thought it was about an actual fish. This made the poem better because i figured it was like a relationship that the person had not wanted but got anyway. Much as a fish would just be swimming in the water and a fish hook comes out of nowhere and hooks him in the eye. This is a metaphor for a bad relationship.

Then i leaned that it is a hook and then it became a metaphor for a good relationship.How they are very different things but they come together to accomplish a goal.

1 comment:

  1. I like your metaphor idea. I hadn't actually thought about it like that. Hmmm. I think she captures the good and the bad in this tiny, little poem.

    ReplyDelete